Monday, April 7, 2008

Week 2: Plumbing, Electrical and the Shower Floor!

Week 2 of construction was a full one - Jason (of Z Construction) (whom I am now supposed to link every time I say, breathe or think his name) arrived early on Saturday morning with enough construction materials to build a small home - - and they all were staged in my bedroom. Joy!

By the end of the weekend, a considerable amount of progress had been made - - about 1/3 of the materials remain in the bedroom and the bathroom project is starting to take form.

So here is what he got done....

* The shower base was framed, the drainpipe installed and the cement mix (layer 1) that will make the base of the shower was poured. The hardibacker floors were also put down over the existing wood floor.





* The shower niche was built. Jason (of Z Construction) and I had significant conversation over the size and height of the niche. Apparently, I have a considerable amount of shower products and he felt that it needed to be made large enough to accomodate a small family.



* Plumbing fixtures were installed, along with a cut off valve and access door. I previously didn't have any of this, which again is an improvement thought up by Jason (of Z Construction). I will talk more about the shower fixtures in my next post



* Jason (of Z Construction) also ran the speaker wires below the floor and we centralized my BOSE Wireless music network in one central location. Speakers were inset in the opposite wall and installed - they are hidden now, and still has some more dry wall to fix around the speaker, but they are there and tested - - and we have audio in the bathroom- YAY! (Again, more on this later)


So thats week 2 - - ENJOY!!

No comments: